Photos from Apostle Lafayette Scales’ visit
We have many dance teams at church and often they share dances with us. Pastor Don teaches we need to praise God in all the ways mentioned in the Bible. For example, Psalm 150 tells us: Praise the LORD! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty firmament! Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD!
This is our youth team on the first night of Pastor Scales’ visit.
And the second night, notice the reading of the Word before dancing.
They are such joyful dancers!
And our adult team the first night.
They were dancing to one of Pastor Don’s songs.
And the second night.
Julie – who also took some of the pictures I am sharing with you.
The adults have inspired the youth to dance. Dancing is awesome for it incorporates the Word, the Music, and the whole being in worship. Many of the praise teams spend time with the youth helping them to dance from a very young age (pre school) all the way through young adults. And now one of the young adults has stepped forward to begin to choreograph some of the young adult dances. It is so important to mentor the children for they are our future.
Pastor Scales called all the parents of the dancers forward to bless their children as we blessed them from the congregation. Julie forwarded this picture to me.
We have many praise and worship teams, and often the singers merge as one for certain functions. Here are some pictures from the praise and worship. I was sitting close to the altar, so had to take two pictures to get all the musicians.
Cheri who not only is part of the praise team, but also the church secretary – she gives so many hours to the church.
Joy (keyboard), Cynthia & Pastor Don Moore singing one of Pastor Don’s songs.
Joy – you have read some of her teachings here on this blog.
Joy’s husband Ray, who brings such vitality to his music.
Another praise team.
Julie took the above picture – this is when Pastor Scales called all the men forward, as Abraham called the men forward to rescue Lot and his family. Imagine if all the brothers gathered together and made their presence known in the tough areas of our communities. We prayed for the men.
Julie took this picture of me as I was taking the notes that I shared with you from Pastor Scales’ teaching.
And below, a few more pictures of Pastor Scales
Theresa Scales addressing the congregation, what a blessed and humble person.
Hope you enjoy these photos.
Have a wonderful day,
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone