The Power of God’s Anointing by Pastor Emmanuel Eyim-Danquah
If you live near the Hurley/Woodstock area of New York or anywhere within a radius of this area, I strongly suggest coming to Living Word Chapel tonight and tomorrow night to hear the teachings of Pastor Danquah. The power of God flowed through the service last night in such a blessed way, and there were many healings and deliverances of people. God is so good.
Last night Pastor Danquah told us nine years ago he first saw Pastor Don at a tent crusade. Pastor Don was playing guitar with such a joy of the Lord all over him that Pastor Danquah wanted to meet him. God gave Pastor Danquah the desire of his heart at another meeting, when a pastor friend of his wanted him to meet someone special. Pastor Don and Pastor Danquah’s relationship has been strong ever since.
What your heart’s desire is, God will answer. Pastor Danquah told us God was about to change our lives. He then taught on the Power of God’s Anointing.
We read 1 Samuel 16:1-3 (Pastor Danquah uses King James version, so I will use that in my quotes) And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite:for I have provided me a king among his sons. And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the LORD said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the LORD. And call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou shalt do: and thou shalt anoint unto me him whom I name unto thee.
Someone will be demoted so you can be promoted. God’s promotions are not from the West or the East, or from another, but from God and God’s remarkable grace.
1 Samuel 6:6-10 And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD’s anointed is before him. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart. Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this. Then Jesse made Shammah to pass by. And he said, Neither hath the LORD chosen this. Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.
God demoted King Saul for disobedience and now He is going to promote a young man. God sent the Prophet Samuel to the House of Jesse to select a young man to anoint. First they brought out the oldest and God refused him. God did not look at his countenance or his stature. God is going to look at the heart. We are the person God is going to promote. It isn’t about height. Pastor Don and Pastor Danquah are both 5’7″ (Pastor Don quipped – and still growing). God looks at the heart. If your heart is ready to be transformed you will be anointed of God.
Some in Church are blessed mightily, and then they stop being good servants of the Lord, and rest in their anointing, not seeking to serve God. Then God will seek another to do His will, if the first will not do the will of God. God has a purpose for our life, but without the anointing of God, it will not manifest. Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. When you are anointed for a purpose, it will be fulfilled, not in our own strength, but by the Power of the Spirit of God.
God needs us for a divine assignment and we are that person. God reveals something to a person and their life is transformed forever because of the anointing. When God speaks and you obey, sometimes things around that divine assignment will seem negative.
1 Samuel 16:10-11 Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.
The first seven sons were rejected by God, but there was an 8th, the youngest, in the wilderness taking care of sheep. Jesse was told to bring him to Samuel – that was the divine destiny for David. David’s life was to be changed, transformed.
When the Spirit of God comes upon you you will become another person. Some of us have been struggling for God, struggling to have God use us, but when you put the struggle down and let the Spirit of God come upon you, what was so challenging becomes easy because it is God doing it, not ourselves.
Samuel was to anoint David. Pastor Danquah picked up a shofar and pointed out the shofar was a horn (similar to a horn used for oil). In order for the horn to be filled with the oil of anointing, the meat (flesh) inside the horn had to be removed so oil can be poured in. It is the same with us. God will not anoint our flesh, He anoints our Spirit. The flesh needs to die for God to anoint you. If your desire is for selfish, self aggrandizement, and not to do God’s Work, God will not anoint you. He will look at our hearts. Are we wanting to be a blessing to the people, then God will use you. God longs for people He can use to bless others, to reach out to troubled souls. God will use us to touch the lives of others. The power will come upon you by day and by night for the purpose of good. The Spirit of the Lord will touch and transform you.
From that day, David’s life was transformed. Today, somebody’s life will be transformed, God can destroy the spirit of depression by the anointing. He can destroy the spirit of poverty, and transform a person’s life for the better. It is the same as when we sow a seed in the ground, we don’t know exactly when it will produce fruit. Nobody knows the time of the divine execution of the anointing. We need to wait with anticipation for the Word of the Lord to come and visit us.
The Prophet Samuel came to the house of Jesse, and the members of that household dressed well in honor of this visit, but then God had Jesse bring his son, David, in from the field, he was outdoors with the sheep, and probably did not look very regal, or smell very good, but God looked at David’s heart, not his outward circumstances.
We are blessed in our church to have Pastor Don who teaches with power, and sometimes we see people fall under the power of God, and see other pastors who preach with the power of God. But we are not in church just to sit in the blue seats (or pews). We all have an assignment from God. Not all of us are called to teach like Pastor Don, some might be called to produce wealth to share with the Church so the Church can perform it’s ministries and reach out to churches in other countries. If God gives a person the power to make wealth, it is not just to spend on themselves, but rather to help support the Kingdom of God. Yet God does not mind if a person has wonderful things, Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
If you use your wealth for selfish purposes only, and don’t pay your tithe, you will miss the blessing of God. God gave all you have to you, and He sees your intentions and your heart, and if your desires and intentions are to be a blessing, God will release much to you so that you can reach people.
Living Word Chapel is going into a new dimension, a transition, a shaking. Those who cannot stand will leave. God will use those who remain standing during the shaking as a foundation, and He is producing a new church in a new dimension. We are a part of it. Not only do we support our church, but we have and support ministries in Israel, Russia, Africa, India, and many other places.
We want to be in position for God to anoint us and use us for the Kingdom of God, following Pastor Don’s example, and God will use us in a marvelous way. Young people have a special anointing to reach other young people, and are so needed this day because of the anointing.
Noah was troubled by ungodly people around him. He was anointed to make an ark, taking 120 years to make it, and he had the courage not to give up. The Holy Spirit helped him – he could not have built the ark on his own. The Ark was to save humanity, and also preserve the living. He had to struggle and deal with the remarks of other people as he built the ark, and it helped him and helps us to know that we are in the will of God.
Moses struggled to find his purpose, and he, after killing a man and leaving the Pharaoh’s palace, spent time in the backside of the desert. God found him there, and used him to free the people.
Can anything good come out of West Hurley? Can anything good come out of 1555 State Route 28A, in the woods? The Lord has a purpose for the church. We are not to look at the member’s lives or outward appearances, but to know that God is looking at the heart, and his anointing will transform lives.
What can the Power of God’s Anointing Do?
1. THE POWER OF GOD’S ANOINTING TAKES AWAY YOUR SITUATION. Pastor Danquah talked about the sweet anointing that can fall on a church during worship. If it isn’t there in a service, the service seems dry and barren. When the anointing takes over it is sweet. There is a sense of joy and liberty where the Spirit of the Lord is, and also wealth (in all areas, not just financial).
Psalm 133:3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
When God anoints you, He takes over your situation, and provides fertility to the soil of your life. If there is no dew, there is dryness. If no presence of God, there is dryness. If there is no power of God, we cannot be taken out of our situation. What we have been struggling to do in regards to our family, our business, our finances and our life, the power of the anointing can turn things around. As Zechariah 4:6 says (see above) it is not by might or by power, but by the Spirit of the Lord. Why do we need to fight when God can fight for you? We are not to worry about the future. We don’t have to worry when we have the anointing on us, and we have faith.
Thirty-three years ago, in high school, Pastor Danquah gave his life to the Lord. He never turned back even one day, but walked forward with confidence with God. He followed the anointing. The anointing can make you prosper. We prosper if we follow the Lord. If we obey Him and love Him, we will eat the best of the land. If we believe this is true, we shall receive the blessings of God. The Scripture is the truth, and if God wants to prosper people who obey, we want to receive that blessing. When people see a pastor who is preaching the truth of God, and we sow into his life and ministry, God will prosper us. And as we do His work, the grace of God will bless you as well. It does not bless God to see us in poverty. We do not need to be in poverty anymore. God wants to give us wealth so we can use it for His kingdom. In order to receive this blessing, we need to be excited about it. God does not do anything in the physical before He sends out His Word. We need to receive His Word and believe, then He can pour out His blessing.
God has no problem with us having things. Faith is the substance of THINGS (not spirits) hoped for, the evidence of THINGS not seen. He gives us freely so that we can enjoy. God wants to release a spirit of wealth to overcome the lack we have. Wealth can help a Church affect others. We are weak at times, and money can be a defense against what the world is trying to do to the church.
God can bless you in a second and turn your life around. You will not be the same person you were. He is looking at our hearts and not our situation.
2. THE ANOINTING MAKES EVERYTHING THAT IS DRY BECOME FRUITFUL. Israel was a dry land, and then when the Jews returned to the country, everything became fruitful. Psalm 133:1-3 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
The anointing makes everything fruitful, beautiful, and it can change your life. God breaks protocol and tradition, and finds someone whose heart is right. He can break tradition and elevate you into a position. We need to believe God can Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. The Lord can cause all things to become fruitful, so that we are like Psalm 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
We can be in a struggle in our lives for years, then God acts, and He can cause us in one minute to change our circumstances. If we have been in a struggle for five years or more, He can turn it around in one month.
3. WHEN THE ANOINTING OF GOD COMES UPON YOU EVER SATANIC PLAN ON YOUR LIFE WILL BE CRUSHED BY THE ANOINTING. John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. Pastor Danquah told us about when the Philistines took the ark of God and tried to put it in the temple of dagon, 1 Samuel 5:1-5 And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod. When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon. And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again. And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him. Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon’s house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.
The power of God dominated dagon and the Philistines. God’s power is larger than any demons, anything that is hurting us. Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
In every Kingdom there is a King. America is a republic and we have a President, states have governors, in Israel’s time they had a king. There are also kings and leaders in the powers of the demonic, in the principalities and powers. What happens in the physical also occurs in the spiritual. America has a spiritual principality and power that is seeking to take down America.
These principalities and powers are seeking to influence those in power on the earth. We need, in this day and age, to be ever going before God to pray in the Spirit, to intercede for our country and for the world. Prayer is so important, for there are demons and principalities and powers that want to come against the people in the Hudson Valley, and we need the anointing and power of God to help us to do what God wants is to do. God wants every chain and yoke to be broken.
Haven’t you noticed that sometimes when you pray, you feel too heavy to pray. Something pulls you back. Pastor Danquah also told us it is very important to pray over our food, because there are some who are influenced by demons who will use food to attack the saints, so pray over your food before you eat.
Tonight is a new beginning. The power of God will drive away principalities and powers.
4. WHEN GOD’S OWER COME UPON YOU, IT LIFTS THE BURDENS FROM YOUR SHOULDERS. Isaiah 10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing. The burdens of the principalities, of anything that is oppressing you – debt, depression, etc. can be removed. If you have been struggling to pay bills, that debt can be lifted off your shoulders because of the anointing.
5. THE ANOINTING OF GOD DESTROYS EVERY YOKE. Pastor Danquah was showing us how a yoke works, where two oxen are bound together by a yoke to plow a field. They cannot go where they want to go, they have to go where they are led. They have no choice to go to the right or to the left. Sometimes the yokes on our life, cause us, after we are saved, to return to the old sins and the influence of the devil – and that takes glory away from God. God will help us to go back and remove those yokes, to break those yokes so that we are free. We no longer have to be bound to the things that lead to our destruction. This is so important especially in this day and age. Pastor Danquah told us in Africa where he grew up if he wanted to make a phone call he had to go to the Post Office, if he wanted to watch a black and white TV he had to look through the window of a rich neighbor. Today, we all have easy access to computers, TV and phones, and satan uses those to put temptations before our eyes. We can get into bondage by porn and other worldly things, but God can use His anointing to destroy the yokes off of our lives and destroy anything that is harmful to us.
6. WHEN GOD ANOINTS YOU NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
We do not have to fear any weapon against us, and can be emboldened by the anointing of the Lord.
7. THE ANOINTING SHOOTS YOU INTO ELEVATION AND SUCCESS.
Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. He gives us the oil of gladness. God can shoot us above our fellows, and it does not matter our past or our present. His anointing is on our future, and in our future we can be elevated. Rise up and make yourself fruitful in God’s Kingdom.
8. THE ANOINTING HELPS US TO PERFORM DIVINE ASSIGNMENTS. We cannot do what God wants us to do in our own strength, we need God’s anointing because God can help us do far more than we can do on our own. Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Pastor Danquah then anointed all who were in attendance with oil and the power of God. The anointing was so strong in our church. Everyone was blessed. I am looking forward to hearing the testimonies of those who were touched tomorrow, and Pastor Danquah will be teaching again tonight.
Praying your day is blessed!
If you live in the Florida area, I have included contact information for Pastor Danquah’s church.
Pastor Emmanuel Eyim-Danquah,
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone