|Merry Christmas! We finally got our family picture for 2007 finished and had some fun with it.
From left to right in the blue is my oldest son Christopher, turquoise is my husband Jim, next to him is me wearing the prayer shawl I brought back from Israel, then Edward in the Jordanian headdress brought back from Israel, and then Katherine with another shawl from Israel. I figure you recognize the others in the scene. I thought Jim was wacked when he suggested this and practically begged him to take a “normal” picture, but this turned out so beautifully. I actually apologized to him because I didn’t really trust this would come out so great. See below to see how he staged it.
Our neighbor Ryan snapped the picture, these are the figurines we used in our photo. I have to tell you it was hard for him to snap this picture for all the laughing he was doing. I don’t think he thought that the blankets, bathrobes and shawls would work.
This was a trial shot that Jim used with Christopher in the background to judge the proper distance to make the picture come together. To the left is the huge snow cave Christopher built with the snow we had.
I am very impressed with my husband’s skill at this. Praying your Christmas is abundantly blessed.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone