|I had to miss Bible study yesterday because we ended up in New York City for dentist appointments. My oldest son had all four wisdom teeth pulled. We also went back to the 79th Street Boat Basin to visit an old friend named Ed, who has a charter boat there. Jim and I lived in New York City on a boat in the Boat Basin for many years. It was a wonderful time, and a great community. My kids had never seen the boat basin before, so they had fun being on Ed’s sail boat. In fact, my Ed really liked Ed Bacon. We had a lot of fun recounting the good times of the people in the Boat Basin. Some of the stories are too funny for words, some were bittersweet memories.Here are a couple of pictures.
Here is one of Ed and Ed talking on the boat, you can see from the smile that my Ed is enjoying himself.
Jim and Ed below deck.
My three kids, Katherine, Ed, and Christopher. I can’t believe Christopher is smiling after having his four wisdom teeth removed. And Ed Bacon is behind them..
And finally, as we were leaving, Jim got this picture of Ed, the kids, and me.
Thought you might enjoy these pictures. I am now working up another Israel post. I keep trying to download videos, but if they are over 3 minutes they bomb out, and I don’t know how to adjust them. I would love to have you hear Pastor Don teach. Writing cannot relay the love behind the teachings.
Have a blessed day.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone