Maximizing the Moment for Greatness by Pastor Danquah
Pastor Emmanuel Eyim-Danquah,
Pastor Danquah preached a powerful message two Sundays ago. What was funny is on the way to church I was pointing out to my husband that sometimes I wish a visiting pastor would not always preach on prosperity, but rather on one’s spiritual path in life and how we can serve God better. Pastor Danquah did just that and it moved me profoundly.
Judges 3:31 After him was Shamgar the son of Anath, who killed six hundred men of the Philistines with an ox goad; and he also delivered Israel.
Judges 5:6 In the days of Shamgar, son of Anath, in the days of Jael, the highways were deserted, and the travelers walked along the byways.
Pastor Danquah reminded us that every minute, every day, every hour, every month, and every year should be used to the maximum for God’s greatness. God already wired us for greatness before we were born. Our future is not an option, but we have a choice to follow God’s plan or our flesh. Before God created us, He had the finished product in mind. When we are great in God, all other things fall into place.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
No matter how things seem in our circumstances, God is able to turn them around and put us on the path of greatness. People do not realize we are wired to be great, if we lack knowledge about what is planned for us, it makes it hard to reach what God has planned for us.
Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Moses prayed this prayer to God, and it should be our prayer also. Young people don’t think their days are numbered. Maximize every moment, day, hour, minute and second. Don’t waste your day on you.
If you wasted years in your past, now that you are born again, God wants you to use your future years to His glory. God will help you to make the remaining years great before you die.
Congress can never save America, it is us who will be the salt of the nation by the light given to us by God. God shows His power through us. God is raising Christians to take authority in the world. Don’t underestimate what God can do through us.
Acts 15 talks about doing the will of God and reaching out among the Gentiles, who are called by God’s name. Pastor Danquah then asked us if we are serving our generation or are we just taking up space. God wants us to maximize the moment for His grace to spread.
In the days of Shamgar the Philistines were oppressing Israel. the people could not travel on the highway, if they wanted to get to Jerusalem they had to go far off the roads on difficult terrain. Shamgar took his time to maximize the moment. He had an oxgoad and used that to kill six hundred Philistines. He took what was in hand and maximized it to do the battle.
When God speaks to you about what He sees for you in the future, He is not seeing the problems, He sees where He is about to place you. God overlooks the present situation (which will be taken care of by the Lord), and He sees our future. We don’t need to worry about future problems, He has already taken care of the problems.
God can make you great regardless of where you are now or what you are going through. God will make a way. Shamgar used the bone of an ox to kill Philistines.
There are four principles for Maximizing the Moment.
1. Use what you have.
Some want to have big money before they start a business, or have everything in place before they begin an endeavor, but that does not happen.
God only gives PROVISION FOR THE VISION.
As long as you are comfortable about the situation and your capacity to handle it in your own power, you are not seeing a miracle of God. Step out of your comfort zone and see the miracles of God. God wants us to do more, to do what He has told us because we are trusting Him.
What is a maximizer? It is a person who possesses strength of character enables us to keep believing, planning and working to experience the full potential in the face of less than optimal conditions. Negative conditions do not mean that it is not the will of God. We will face negative conditions, but don’t give up. Don’t say it is over until it is over. Keep going. Keep trying. Keep moving, planning, and thinking in the face of less. There is God who always shows up.
Peter was a maximizer. He stepped out of the boat. And Jesus was there.
God will always show up when we walk on the water of life. When God speaks and gives us a command we can choose to do it or not.
The characteristics of a Maximizer
1. A maximizer discovers untapped potential and favor that will bring the willingness of someone to use his influence to help you. It is not feelings.
2. A maximizer learns how to keep dreams alive in spite of discouragement. God says do this, don’t get discouraged, don’t throw in the towel, keep your self up in the face of discouragement. The devil wants to kill our dreams. The Spirit of the Lord is resurrecting your vision today. Is anything too hard for God? No, nothing.
3. A maximizer reaches the breaking point but doesn’t break or pass out. If conditions don’t break you, they will make you stronger. Keep believing, planning and thinking.
4. A maximizer chooses to rise above the moment.
5. A maximizer doesn’t look to losers to counsel them in their affairs. If we cling to losers we will go nowhere. Seek mentors who are ahead of you. Don’t be complacent with what you have, there is more for you. There is more than enough in the system of God for His people. Look for people ahead of you and learn from them. Don’t use failure as a crutch, see it as something to learn from and move ahead. A maximizer never follows a parked car. Seek people who can help you find strategies for success and greatness. If your friends have no vision move towards people who have vision. If God has someone mentor you, stay with them.
Pray for a pastor who is a maximizer who will take you to new levels. The pastor is the shepherd, and the church members are like sheep. In Church you can worship and that will have a great impact on your belief. The shepherd is more farsighted about our life than we are. Sheep do not tell the shepherd where to graze. It is important not to hop from church to church.
Dynamics of Victorious Living
Victorious living is the state in life where obstacles, barriers, and adversaries have been defeated and overcome. Where we understand we are a maximizer and we will conquer.
1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes he world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Notice – it does not say WHOsoever, it says WHATsoever. (Heather’s note, I never noticed that before.
1. If you are born of God you are an overcomer. 1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. Our faith gives us victory to overcome the world. Let our faith rise up and believe God is able to do everything He says He will do.
2. God says your dreams and your visions will occur. Your ministry gives you vision, and you put it into effect.
Put your trust in God, not in a person, for people will disappoint you. Place your confidence in God, only God can help you.
Pastor Danquah talked about one of his churches in Africa. He mentioned that he brought Pastor Don to the church to meet the members. He did not know that while he was away one of the people who he grew up in the Church stole 2/3 of his members away from him, spreading lies. Pastor Danquah did not give up his vision or stop working with the people and he is now prosperous. It did not go so well for the person who stole the members for what he had done was not of God.
If someone gives you favor, take advantage of it, to bring about your vision.
If your dream is given to you by God, you will accomplish the dream. If it is a selfish dream, it may not be given to you by God.
Be a maximizer when difficulties come your way. Know that God will work things out.
The Promises of a Victorious Life
1. The promise of a blessing does not exempt us from troubles and challenges.
Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
When something comes against you, remember God will deliver you. Notice, the verse does not say A FEW afflictions, it says MANY. When we are going through our many afflictions we have to remember God will deliver us from them all, not SOME, but ALL. We need to set our troubles aside for God. The world will come against you, so we need to arm ourselves with the full armor of God. The world will fight us and bring troubles and afflictions, BUT THE LORD STILL DELIVERS US FROM THEM ALL. He gives us deliverance, encouragement, to rise up over the challenges as a maximizer. If God is for you, who can be against you?
2. God gives us major breakthroughs.
Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
Challenges are a part of life, but with God’s help we can be MORE THAN conquerors.
3. Don’t be afraid to step out, God has overcome the World.
John 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth, for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
God will never bring you to a situation that is beyond your ability. If you are going through a trial, God makes a way for you to escape. Pressure moments can cause you panic and cause you to retreat from life. Go to God for strength, wisdom, direction and He will give you the ability. He has put His Spirit in us to guide us.
2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
4. Because of the testimony of Scripture we know God fights for us, God always shows up.
Three young Hebrew boys refused to bow down to the statue of Nebuchadnezzar, and they were cast into the fire for standing in faith and refusing to bow down. When they were cast into the fire, Nebuchadnezzar saw four people walking in the fire, one like the Son of God. When the boys were brought out of the fire there was no smell of smoke on their clothes, only one thing was burned, the ropes that bound them, neither they nor their clothes burnt. Only the bonds that held them were burned away.
Sometimes situations in our lives makes it seem like we are cast into the fire, but God air conditions the fire for us. In the midst of the fires of our lives we can have joy unspeakable, unsurpassed power, and a peace that passes all understanding. Greater is He who is in us than He who is in the world.
Don’t be like the Children of Israel when Goliath tried to frighten them, speaking boastful words. People who know their God, do not give credence to the boastful words of the enemy. David looked at Goliath with the eyes of the Spirit. David maximized the moment, taking those smooth stones at hand. In the natural David was small and the giant big. But, through the eyes of God, David saw himself as big and the problem of the giant as small. David fought and won against Goliath.
5. In any situation of trial the maximizer will see how Great God is, and how God will cause the problems to disappear.
The people in the Bible are no different from us, they just knew their God, and because they knew and trusted God they could do great exploits.
When God says something to you, don’t figure out how it is going to be done. Start where you are and do what you can with what you have on hand. We can trust that, when God gives us something to do, He will give us the grace to complete it.
The pressure of the moment can cause you to be traumatized. Don’t let it spill out onto other people, go to God for help. Share with Jesus. Psalm 34:18 The righteous cry out and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
A pressure moment can cause you to be victimized, to blame others. It is at that time that it is important to go to God, and spend time with Him. In a pressure moment we have a choice -to make the most out of life’s challenges or succumb. 1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world –our faith.
Don’t underestimate God, if He says that He will do something, He will make it happen.
Remember your ATTITUDE DETERMINES YOUR ALTITUDE. When you face a challenge compose yourself, see why people ar behaving like they are, control your flesh and take the problem to Jesus. He will help you out of the trial. Don’t let the pressure cause paralysis. Don’t give up for your miracle is on the way. If God is for you, who can be against you?
Pastor Danquah prophesied that there was going to be a paradigm shift for Living Word Chapel, that God was going to bring the church to a new level. The favor of God will fall on our church. This favor will spread to the rest of the congregation. People are going to be coming in droves to the church. For God is shifting the blessing. Pastor Danquah is waiting to hear testimonies of how God is touching lives at Living Word Chapel.
I can’t wait to hear how God is touching your life.
Have a blessed day,
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone