|Requesting your prayers and support. Last Tuesday I joined Weight Watchers as God is now dealing with me and weight. I struggle with this issue very much. I am certain a lot of it has to do with my past abuse, but God is showing me that I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, and that my past does not have to have such a pull on me.
Pastor Don and I have been talking about weight issues too, and he has pointed out that for my husband’s sake (Jim is also not good with his weight and health issues) that I have to be an example, to do the right thing, or how else can I speak to him about weight matters.
And, as my body is a temple of God, I need to take better care of this temple, so I am going to report to you every Monday if I stayed on program or not, and so far this week I have done well, not just the amount of points, but writing down all that I ate, and making sure to follow the nutritional guidelines and drinking most of my water.
Please keep me in prayer, in the past I have had success and then fled from that success. My current WW leader pointed out that that was the past and this is now. NOW I need to do something, so any help and encouragement is appreciated.
Thanks and I am happy to encourage you as well if you so desire. Sometimes facing a tough issue with friends is far easier than facing it alone and I count you as my friends. I should also point out that I realize that my highest accountability is to God and I do report to Him as well.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone