|Tonight I was watching Fox News and they had a story on that made me want to cry. An atheist set up a video site (blaspheme challenge) where teenagers, who are “programmed and beaten down by their Christian parents” can go and blaspheme God. He even offers prizes for this action on the kids parts. His theory is that being forced into Christian environments is oppressive to kids and this is a way to fight against the oppression. But this atheist doesn’t see that he too is doing the same kind of programming with his agenda. But these are kids who do not realize what they are doing when they make these statements against God. Bill O’Reilly said he was sickened by the site, and that the kids were spewing out hatred and frightening thoughts. He pointed out, to this atheist, that Christians do a great many good things and what would the atheist replace the Christian values with. The atheist countered that atheists also do good things. I hope that this site gets shut down by powers that be, because this serves no good purpose, but only rouses hate.
But what atheists do not do is offer anything beyond this limited lifespan on earth. Someone once said they saw an atheist’s gravestone with the words, “All dressed up and no place to go.” It seems to be a game with these people, how to completely oppress Christians, claiming that it is in the interests of free speech and tolerance. Yet the very things they say they are fighting for, they are denying Christians – namely free speech and tolerance of Christian values and beliefs. I can think of far worse things that kids are indoctrinated in today than the ten commandments and beatitudes. Every day I see signs of the times, showing me that lawlessness is abounding, and the end times are near.
Pray for our kids that they do not get drawn into such nonsense, that they hold onto their values, that they seek God, and find safety in His arms in the midst of all the craziness they are surrounded with.
Praying your Sunday is blessed. I will try to type out Bible study stuff, but right now my oldest is filling out financial aid forms on the internet, and I am very restricted in my time here on Xanga.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone