|Please pray for me. Tomorrow I am teaching the lunchtime Bible study. I am teaching on Judges 13-16 regarding Samson. I have been working hard and studying regarding Him, but always love to hear what others have to say.
Samson broke every Nazirite vow, his eyes caused him to sin, so he is part of 1 John’s plan of satan, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and pride of life. The things that tore my heartstrings is that he didn’t realize when the spirit of God was removed from him, and then his prayer at the end. I am also happy that he made it to Hebrews 11 – the faith chapter, even if it was by the last act of his life.
Samson shows us how we need not only dedication but devotion to God, we need accountability, and we need purity. Without that strength is wasted. He could have done so much for his people had he been more disciplined and obedient to God.
I have notes I will share later, but am curious what you might have to share about Samson, especially in the form of life applications.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone