|I will put up Friday’s Bible study tomorrow (hopefully). It is a hectic weekend – guess any weekend with three teenagers can be hectic. I chose to spend time visiting other’s blogs today instead of writing on mine.
I am asking for prayer for my friend’s son – he just had emergency surgery for a burst appendix and has fever, I am praying that he quickly recovers. But also, am praying for salvation for the whole family. The child’s name is Patrick.
I wanted to share something with you. A friend from church, Maria, and I accidentally (as if there are accidents in God’s Kingdom met at the mall). We were talking about Pastor Scales’ teachings, she had missed one night and I shared my notes from my notebook that I just happened to have with me. Somehow past abuse came up in the discussion and I told her about my mother and her notebooks – how she would get up every morning after my father’s incestuous visits to my bedroom and would inevitably say, “I heard him in your room last night, tell me what he did.” And I would have to stand in front of her and tell her exactly what my father did – at least until God gave me blessed amnesia about some of the things. She filled up two notebooks, several entries per page about everything my earthly father did.
Anyway, Maria said that this was incredible. My earthly mother kept notebooks of all the bad things my earthly father did. Now I am keeping notebooks about all the good things my heavenly Father is doing!
You don’t know how much that blessed me. God is redeeming so many things from my past – things that I never thought possible. I know that I came to God in God’s timing, but there are times when I wish I hadn’t waited so long. God is soooo Good.
Have a blessed Saturday. I am taking Patrick’s sister and brother to the movies with my three kids, they can’t visit Patrick in the hospital and might enjoy the diversion.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone