|Pastor Danquah in front of Living Word Chapel.
Pastor Danquah and his wonderful wife Charlotte – who sings beautifully.
This is a continuation of Pastor Danquah’s teaching on the Fire of God from yesterday. Someone commented that they are happy I am using larger type. I had written this on my word processor, and will in the future try to type in larger type to make it easier to read. I have been so blessed by the visit of Pastor Danquah. Yesterday when I came home, I just sat and thanked God, there was such a peace and rest in my spirit that it was so refreshing. I am hoping that this teaching blesses you as much as it did me. And I thank you for your comments, this makes the teaching even deeper. Remember, God is seeking a deeper relationship with us. Here is the rest of Pastor Danquah’s message:
Five Benefits of the fire:
1. Fire consumes – in a forest fire deer and animals run from the fire, but some animals get trapped and are burnt up. The Holy Spirit will consume the demons, sickness, oppression, power of the enemy and any entanglements of the enemy. We can be free because the fire destroys the work of the devil. If you are set free, you shall be free indeed. Life will never be the same. Demons cannot coexist with the fire of the Holy Spirit. But so often we give them rooms in our life. As long as we live in the world there are spirits that will tempt us. Even Jesus was tempted. We need to be humble and rest under the mighty hand of God. Resist the devil and he will flee. Then God’s glory will be seen. Let the devil feel uncomfortable in our lives. When the Holy Ghost comes among us, God is strong. We want to be holy for God. Do not let water quench the fire of the Spirit. Don’t quench the fire by your attitude. Remember your attitude determines your altitude. Be focused and serious about God so the fire burns.
2. Fire Purifies and Purges – Isaiah 4:4 When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning. God will cleanse his people by the spirit of judgment and burning. Imagine the refining of God. The impurities are burnt away through a process of intense heat and skimming off impurities. We want to let the fire burn away impurities so that we can be the gold that God wants us to be. If you keep the Holy Ghost fire burning inside of you, God will give us the gifts and ability inside of you, the manifestation of the Holy Ghost to chop off the bad things and make you more fruitful. It is a process that is not easy or simple. God will help you through the process and you will show God’s glory. To make bread, the flour has to be beaten, the bread kneaded, and then the bread is put into the oven. The flour will not feel that the process is comfortable, but the end result is something that is good and refreshing. During church services, when your pastor preaches the Word of God, it can convict – you may feel that your pastor is telling your story to the congregation, but it is just the Holy Ghost helping someone to break free from something binding them. If your pastor is speaking only to you, he would call you to his office to talk, if he seems to be speaking to you in a service it is the Holy Ghost revealing something.
3. Fire Generates Power. You receive power when you pray. Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. When the Holy Ghost comes upon you, you will see a manifestation of service and working for the Lord. You will become dynamic for the Kingdom of the Lord. Lay hands on people, God will use you for His Kingdom. God wants to draw us to deeper encounters of the Fire of the Spirit. The fire will push us closer to God. The Prophet Jeremiah said that God’s word was like a fire.
4. Fire attracts the attention of believers and unbelievers. Remember the burning bush caught Moses’ attention. When you have the fire of God within you people notice something that can’t be described about you, you will find favor with people. They will want to be around you. Where there is no light the people perish. When your church has the fire of the Holy Spirit it will attract people. People will flock in. We want our fire to burn perpetually until Jesus comes.
5. Fire Brings Light, Divine Revelation, Illumination-Fire helps us to see beyond the natural. We are blessed because we know the outcome – that God wins. Paul said that he knows no man after the flesh, God shows him the spiritual things. Pastor Danquah told us that one time a woman who was into voodoo gave him five beautiful cooked fish for his family. He and his wife did not feel that they should eat the fish, so they threw it out. They did not know this woman was into voodoo, but the Holy Spirit told them that they should not consume the gift given by this woman. A few days later the woman came up to him and asked him why he didn’t eat the fish. Pastor Danquah smiled when he told us that there was no way that she would have known he hadn’t eaten the fish, except that there was a curse connected with the fish and it did not manifest on his family. That when we operate in the Holy Spirit, if we get a nudge from the Holy Spirit not to accept a gift or eat a particular food, it is important to honor that. Our spirit has discernment and will protect us. There are forces out there seeking to hinder God’s work on the earth.
6. The Fire of the Spirit Consumes Water. This seems odd because water can quench fire. Elijah in 1 Kings 18 challenged the priests of Baal about which God would accept a sacrifice. No matter what Baal’s priests did, their idol did not come down and consume the sacrifice. Elijah had an altar built, wood placed, and had barrels of water poured over the animal and altar and wood. The fire of God came down and consumed all. The people then acknowledged that God was God. Physical water can quench fire, but Spiritual fire can quench water. When you have problems that beset you, the Holy Spirit comes with the water of life, with the Holy Spirit and Fire, so that the burdens are consumed.
Oh what a powerful message this was. When Pastor Danquah was finished preaching the air was vibrating with the power of the Holy Spirit. Many, many lives were touched this night.
Don’t forget, if you are in Florida you can find his church: Christian Restoration Ministries Intl.,19255 NE 3rd Ave., Miami, Fl 33169 or email him at email@example.com If your church is ever desiring a truly blessed speaker, I highly recommend contacting him. He is a very anointed teacher and pastor
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone