Here are the pictures that I promised from the weekend at Levon Helm’s place. Levon was the drummer in the group The Band. The Jazz Band that my son plays in invaded Levon’s recording studio to play, by Levon’s invitation.
Christopher is the one playing sax in the black suit. He plays tenor sax. This is the Jazz Band, an after-school club.
Levon Helm came in to meet the band. Christopher is to his left in the black suit, and the conductor, Mr. Murphy is to the right of Levon.
This is the outside of Levon’s studio, and people were waiting because he was going to walk through the crowd with a meet and greet.
I went up to him to thank him for allowing our children to play in his studio. He let Jim take a picture of me with him.
Here is a beautiful red maple that is invading the front of our house.
This year there is an invasion of caterpillars in our area. Further north by a friend’s house the invasion became more severe.
Reminded me of the old science fiction movie, Squirm.
Katherine and Christopher on a beach in Long Island. They went out with their dad to check on the bungalo. My other son chose to stay home. The water was cold, and Katherine had a goal of sitting on the boulder.
Christopher picked up a skate on a rock. We found out that sometimes fishermen punch out circles from the skate and pawn them off as scallops. But this is the top of the skate.
There is the bottom of the skate, where it’s mouth is. Looks like some bizzare sci-fi creature invading our planet.
We thought we had seen everything when a woman came up to the Boy Scout yard sale with a goose sitting next to her. On closer inspection we found out that it was stuffed, but it sure looked real and I am certain she drew the attention of many people as she drove by.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures of a few of the recent invasions.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone