|In another day or so a milestone on my Xanga will be there, 20,000 hits – I suspect it will be sometime late tomorrow or Sunday. If you happen to notice that you are that person, let me know. And again, I count myself so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in Xanga. I have learned so much, laughed a lot, and feel that I have been so enriched by knowing you. God is so good, and I am grateful that He led me here.
Beth Moore, in her study Believing God had us go back and divide our life into fifths and look for footprints of God in our past. When I did that study a few years ago, I could not find any place God was in the first fifth of my life. Yesterday, I am certain because of the Breaking Free study I had a big breakthrough. For those of you who do not know me, my testimony is on 3/24/06 the second entry. But during the Believing God study, I was unable to find exactly where God was in my early childhood, the rape of my father, the attempts on my life and other abuse made God seem remarkably absent.
Well, yesterday I was talking with Pastor Don’s wife, and we were discussing how God has our lives in His control. And one thing the Holy Spirit put into my mind is, that because my parents, both my mom and dad, were so awful, when I – in my rebellion-turned to the occult, I could not relate too well to the concept of god and goddess, the father and mother, mother earth, or any of the other deity pantheons. So God protected me from going fully into any of the occult paths, and he used what satan meant for bad, for my good. God protected me, even when I was so unfaithful to Him. I hope I explained that clearly enough. But I am so grateful to God that He kept me safe when I was making so many stupid decisions.
God is awesome, and I can’t wait to share today’s Bible study with you – Pastor Don taught it and it was thought provoking, but we have to celebrate Edward’s 16th Birthday. He chose hamburgers for dinner, and ice cream cake for his cake. We already let him open his presents because it is a rainy and raw day and one of his presents was a video we could watch as a family.
Hoping you are having a great Memorial Day weekend, I am looking forward to it, but there are so many things we have to do with the scouts, so it cuts into the relaxation. But they are important, one of which is marching in the Veterans’ Day parade. I think that is vital as a respect for those who served us in the services.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone