|Great sermon this Sunday. Our pastor was talking about the Beatitudes (Be-attitudes).Now, I know that we are to try and live by them every day, but here is a twist I hadn’t thought about. Here is the gist of the sermon.
If a child is asked what Beatitude they wanted to pick to live their lives by, they would look at the rewards and then pick the attitude based on the reward.
An adult might look for rewarding work, what would be the most pleasant work to do.
A spiritually minded person would look at loving God, knowing that God would take care of the rest, and if we focused on loving God, our actions would follow.
I sure missed being on line, and will try to come back later with other things to share.
Heather’s Blog Recent Posts
- John 14:1-14 – Many mansions, the Way, the Truth, and the Life taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying disciples/Discipleship identification – notes from discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Multiplying Disciples – notes from Discipleship class taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Syria – letter from trapist nuns
- John 14:1-11 taught by Pastor Don Moore with comments from Rabbi Michael Zeitler
- Notes from homily taught by Father Raphael Iannone taught August 25, 2013 – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last
- Homily – Luke 13:22-30 – The last shall be first, the first last taught by Father Raphael Iannone
- Notes from a Homily on Luke 12:49-53 by Father Raphael Iannone
- Facing Your Jerusalem – transcript Say Amen show 161 taught by Pastor Don Moore
- Mammon – homily by Father Raphael Iannone